Families who lost loved ones on September 11 responded with, “Our grief is not a cry for war!” and “War is not the answer!” That was true then and even truer now. Take action right now by sending a letter to Congress, urging your representatives to support legislation for U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.
And on October 7 – 10, members of the War Resisters League along with people and organizations all over the world are marking the commemoration of the nine-year U.S.-NATO occupation of Afghanistan by taking internationally coordinated action in their own communties.
What can you do?
To find out more about the October Days of Action or supporting IVAW’s Operation Recovery campaign, contact WRL Organizing Coordinator Kimber Heinz at email@example.com.
Share this blog
MIKE LEVINSON on Historic Protest Settlement fr… Martha W D Bushnell on On the Ground in Turkey: Repre… dana937 on War Resisters League: Drop the… The End of Passive R… on The End of Passive Revolution… craig steiger on U.S. Tear Gas Still on the Str…
- RT @wagingnv: How anti-Vietnam War protests thwarted Nixon’s plans and saved lives: wagingnonviolence.org/2019/11/anti-v… https://t.co/jTSwOIUmEj 7 hours ago
- RT @zeynep: Hong Kong protests are in their fifth month despite an escalating crackdown. How? One surprising answer: the fate of China's Uy… 1 day ago
- RT @Resist4Peace: Today we stand on Indonesian land corrupted by oligarchy: Student protests rock Indonesia indiatoday.in/world/story/to… @warres… 3 days ago
- RT @juliesetele: @59ekim @FaizanMuhamma15 @TommyStevens @AnandWrites If we're imagining taxing billionaires, we can also imagine defunding… 5 days ago
- RT @statesman: Editorial board: "With this contradictory heap of evidence, and Reed still insisting upon his innocence, and the troubling s… 6 days ago
- RT @WTIUSA: We know what it is like to be innocent on death row. We have been there and we will fight to help #RodneyReed as others fought… 6 days ago
- RT @helenprejean: #RodneyReed has been featured in almost every major news outlet over the past few days. Texas prosecutors and police can’… 6 days ago
- RT @alexjrowell: .@RashaAlAqeedi pushes back against lazy lumping of #Iraq & #Lebanon protests together: Iraq's "protests are not an 'Arab… 6 days ago
- RT @MariamBarghouti: "This revolution is a catalyst towards collective healing, a loud declaration that “Enough is Enough. We deserve bette… 6 days ago
- RT @MariamBarghouti: It's so important to remain involved, engaged, and up to date with all the revolutions happening. What #Syria taught m… 6 days ago